[OS X TeX] MacTeX 2012 status

Kirk Lowery empirical.humanist at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 16:32:34 EDT 2012

On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 12:54 PM, Yvon Thoraval <yvon.ubuntu at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2012/7/8 Kirk Lowery <empirical.humanist at gmail.com>
>>

>> Ah! Yes, that works, too. /usr/local is just the recommended way in a
>> multi-user installation. If you are the only user, then
>> /home/yourusername works just fine.
>>
>> I was really recommending that one install the entire texlive system
>> on Ubuntu, rather than relying upon Ubuntu's texlive packages and one
>> avoids collisions with Ubuntu's texlive install by avoiding the system
>> directories.
>>
>> Kirk
>

> except, but I'm not sure texmf, as far as i remeber well, I've seen messages
> on the terminal speaking about the /usr/local texmf although I'do have one
> under ~
> Is it possible.
>
> in my ~/.zshrc i did export only PATH, MANPATH and INFOPATH, i wonder if
> their are no other dir to set-up ?

The directories and paths for TeX Live are found in on my system:

/usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf

If you make changes, you should add only the changes to:

/usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf.cnf

On your system, of course, the texlive hierarchy is in your home directory.

Kirk
--
$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found