[OS X TeX] beamer: frame 'moving-up' problem

Takanori Adachi taka.adachi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 22:13:25 EDT 2012

Hello, I have used LaTeX Beamer on Windows 7 for a couple of years with no
problem.
Three weeks ago, I bought a MacBook Air and installed TeXLive on it.
LaTeX works perfect. However, I have a problem with Beamer on Mac.
All text in frames are moving up about by a half line, resulting a upper
half of title lines disappear for some themes such as Madrid.
The problem does not seem to depend on the theme I use because I see about
a half line space at the bottoms of each frame even with other themes.
All the source codes I have wrote starts like:

\documentclass[dvipdfm]{beamer}
\usepackage{amsmath}
..
\setbeamertemplate{background canvas}[vertical
shading][bottom=red!10,top=blue!10]
\usetheme{Madrid}

They worked perfectly with Windows 7, but have a 'moving-up' problem with
Mac OSX 10.7.4.
Beamers versions are same 3.07.

Any help or comments are very appreciated.
Thanks a lot,
-- taka