[OS X TeX] texshop icon

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Jun 2 18:26:45 EDT 2012

On Jun 2, 2012, at 4:37 PM, Justin C. Walker wrote:

> Hi, Gary,
>
> On Jun 2, 2012, at 14:34 , Gary Gray wrote:
>> On Jun 2, 2012, at 5:29 PM, Justin C. Walker wrote:
> [snip]
>>
>>> A couple of solutions have been discussed in this thread, but I wonder: does doing a "Get Info" on the errant file, and then selecting "Open With.." TeXShop, fix the problem?  Has this been tried in the past?
>>
>> When it has happened to me, TeXShop isn't shown as an option in the list of apps shown.
>
> There should be a selection like "Other ..." at the end of the list, which gives you a file selection dialog, letting you choose an App.
>
> Justin

Howdy,

But TeXShop specifically says it can take ownership of .tex file and somehow the OS (or Finder?) isn't picking that up when I update TeXShop.

Like I said we are seeing something similar, the loss of the icon, but every thing else, e.g., extension-app association, can vary from one person to another.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)