[OS X TeX] teashop sync

Nicolae Garleanu garleanu at haas.berkeley.edu
Sun Jun 3 17:05:59 EDT 2012

Thanks, Dick. I actually knew about that. I have two reactions; I'd also like to reiterate one of my original questions.

First of all, I asked the wrong question (too excited to finally find a mailing list for texshop?). What I really want to know is whether I can assign a key binding to syncing — so as not to have to use the mouse at all.

Second — and you might find this trivial — right-clicking, then moving cursor down, then selecting — is less convenient than double-clicking (which I would like to do for inverse search). I take it that it is not possible.

Finally, how does one modify the typesetting script to also perform syncing? I know too little about the implementation to comment. I should say, however, that I have moved to a only Mac recently, after having used Winedt (on Windows, of course) for several years. In Winedt, for any command I can run with the mouse or from a button, I can also find the actual macro call, which I can then copy in an existing macro, such as typeset, which pretty much does the trick. (One can also assign key bindings to anything I can run otherwise.)

Nicolae