[OS X TeX] TS 3.10 bug?

Gary Gray glgray at me.com
Mon Jun 4 09:41:59 EDT 2012

On Jun 4, 2012, at 9:34 AM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> 1. Open a latex file
> 2. Make a change w/o saving.
> 3. Close the window
>
> TS does not ask whether to save the changes but saves them anyway.  You can lose the entire contents of the file that way.

I assume that this is happening with Lion? If so, that is the way Lion works. You can recover the original file by clicking on the window title and selecting "Browse All Versions...", which will allow you to back to almost any previous state. Once I got used to this behavior, I liked it, but it did take some time. See the following Apple page about this behavior:

http://www.apple.com/macosx/whats-new/auto-save.html

Gary