[OS X TeX] Re: TeXShop 3.10: Help menu links [MacOSX-TeX Digest Vol 56, Issue 5]

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 19:31:44 EDT 2012

On 6/4/12 14:51:37 -0500,Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> Murray Eisenberg wrote:
>> >  In TeXShop 3.10, if I select menu item Help>  TeXShop Tips and Tricks, version 0.5.4 of that document opens. But I do have version 0.5.5 of that document, in ~/Library/Documents/Tips&Tricks/TeXShop Tips&  Tricks.
>> >
>> >  I'm not sure whether that folder was something I created or TeXShop created automatically.
>> >
>> >  In any case, is there some other location to which the menu item points?
>
> Right now ~/Library/TeXShop/Documents/... is simply installed by TeXShop. The `TeXShop Tips&  Tricks' document you get from the Help menu is actually internal to TeXShop so they are presently independent. I believe that the Help menu will eventually give you direct access to that Documents folder.
>
> PS: I believe you were referring to ~/Library/TeXShop/Documents/Tips&Tricks in your message; i.e., you left out the .../TeXShop/... .

Yes, I meant ~/Library/TeXShop/Documents/Tips&Tricks.

I replaced the version inside the TeXShop.app package -- in

  /Applications/TeXShop.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj

-- with the newer version 0.5.5, and now that's the one that appears
from the Help menu link.

Murray Eisenberg                     murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
80 Fearing Street                    phone 413 549-1020 (H)
Amherst, MA 01002-1912