[OS X TeX] Re: Reading The TeXbook terminal in hand

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Jun 6 10:50:24 EDT 2012

Am 06.06.2012 um 16:13 schrieb Alain Schremmer:

>> Output written on texput.dvi (1 page, 212 bytes).
>> Transcript written on texput.log.
>> MacAlain:~ gpadnom$
>

> (4)	To quote Knuth further:
>
>> "Now you're going to need some help again from you friendly local computer hackers. They will tell you how to produce hardcoput from textput.dvi."

Who are these guys at your home? They should be able to read (texput vs. textput).

The dvips utility can convert DVI to PS and is able to prepare it for your printer. 'man dvips' in Terminal should give you a compact help, 'texdoc dvips' at the same place should give you much more.

--
Greetings
                                 <]