[OS X TeX] Re: Excalibur replacement

John B. Thoo jthoo at yccd.edu
Wed Jun 13 21:36:16 EDT 2012

On Jun 13, 2012, at 6:13 PM, John B. Thoo wrote:

> I upgraded to Lion today and discovered that Excalibur no longer works.  I've used Excalibur for ages (thanks, Rick Z).  What do y'all suggest for a suitable replacement?

Oh, how I hate replying to my own posts, especially when I have to admit a STUPID mistake.

Apparently Excalibur 4.0.7 works OK in Lion.  However, the alias I had created in my .profile was pointing to an older version.  I don't know why I have the older version, but I'm going to delete it.  That should take care of the problem.

Thanks for your patience.  And thanks again, Rick Z, for Excal.

---John.

(I receive the digest of this listserv.)

"Ten thousand difficulties do not make one doubt....  A man may be annoyed that he cannot work out a mathematical problem ... without doubting that it admits an answer."

---John Henry Newman [_Apologia_, p. 239 in Project Gutenberg's
   <http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/22088>]