[OS X TeX] Error: I can't write on file '(name)'

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Mar 10 13:25:21 EST 2012

Am 10.3.2012 um 17:05 schrieb Alain Schremmer:

> Am I to understand that I should get the "paranoïd" back into /usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf and change "p" to "r" in /usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf.cnf ?

Yes, I think so. This option should not stop you from doing your job, as long as you have a reasonable layout of master and included TeX and graphics files. The paranoid setting is mostly meant for little utilities that perform particular jobs, like converting from an unusable graphics format to one that be used, create index files, run BibTeX. These utilities can be dangerous and can easily be launched from Greek (mostly misspelled as Trojan) files.

And you should perform changes in /usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf.cnf. This file already exists from the Mac TeX installation.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Hard Disk, n.:
	A device that allows users to delete vast quantities of data with simple mnemonic commands.