[OS X TeX] path names with umlauts

Axel Kielhorn tex at axelkielhorn.de
Tue Mar 20 12:58:30 EDT 2012

Am 20.03.2012 um 17:44 schrieb Herbert Schulz:

> On Mar 20, 2012, at 11:30 AM, Axel Kielhorn wrote:
>

>> Am 20.03.2012 um 11:51 schrieb RA Friedrich Vosberg:
>>
>>> Morning.
>>>
>>> Is there a tool to enable LaTeX and particularly TeXShop to accept umlauts and spaces in path and file names?
>>>
>>> I won't like to change the directory names on my system. A lot of them are the names of my clients, e.g. »Müller, Günther«. When I try to include a PDF file from within /Müller, Günther into another document by using \includepdf{/Müller, Günther/filename.pdf) it doesn't work.
>>
>> When I use:
>>
>> \includepdf{Müller, Günther/test.pdf}
>>
>> I get:
>>
>> ./test2.tex:11: Undefined control sequence.
>> l.11 \includepdf
>>               {Müller, Günther/test.pdf}
>

> What package defines the \includepdf command? Are you using the graphicx package? Then the command is \includegraphics{...} not \includepdf.

None, since Friedrich didn't specify any.

> This has nothing to do with the MacTeX installation of TeX Live or TeXShop.

Good to hear that, I was about to boot my PowerBook to check whether this was a PPC/Intel related problem.

I guess I have to wait for Friedrich to supply a minimal example where
\includepdf{/Meier, Gerhard/filename.pdf}
works, but
\includepdf{/Müller, Günther/filename.pdf}
fails.

Axel