[OS X TeX] Re:

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Sat Mar 24 20:21:32 EDT 2012

On 25/03/2012, at 11:42 AM, Murray Eisenberg wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 11:07:51 -0500 Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
> Subject: Re: [OS X TeX] how use DropLaTeXDiff, DropTexCount?
>
> > For DropLaTeXDiff.app: Drop the two .tex files you want to compare
> > onto the app. A latexdiff.log file along with a new .tex file that
> > can be typeset and will show the difference between the two files.
> > The log file will state which of the two files is older and note that
> > latexdiff finished processing. Once that last statement is in the log > file you can typeset the new .tex file to see the differences marked.
>
> OK, I understand. Unfortunately, dropping like that almost demands that one view the apps in Icons view (and I almost always use Finder in List view), else the dropping action has to be done very carefully in order to prevent just copying the file into the app's directory.

No it doesn't. The drop functionality works just as well in whatever view you choose. In any event, there is required a degree of eye hand coordination.

I would think that, unless you are using the apps several times a day, the issue is not critical. If you are, there are other solutions (as below).

> And this also means that one must use Finder (or Spotlight) to get to the source file(s) folder(s).

No it doesn't. You could drop it onto the Dock or use an alias anywhere you prefer. You could also use the scripts menu and put them into your User Scripts folder.

Regards
Alan
--
Alan Litchfield