[OS X TeX] bibliography and citation doesn't appear

konstantinos vasilakos konstantinos.vasilakos at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 09:36:27 EDT 2012

Hello dear all, I am new to Tex and thus is my first post, I have this problem which could't find any solution by reading the helfiles concerning it, when I do \cite{..} no list of citation key seem to appear even if I save the .bib file on the same folder with the source tex file, same applies when I try \bibliographystyle{plain} \bibliography{references}, as a response I get the "warning references don't found" and in the preview file no bibliography appears.
Thanks and sorry if this question is so trivial.
Best
\K.