[OS X TeX] bibliography and citation doesn't appear

konstantinos vasilakos konstantinos.vasilakos at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 10:50:26 EDT 2012

> No, the BibDesk plugin is used to fill in \cite commands. To use it: 1)enable its use check TeXShop->Preferences->Source->Editor->BibDesk Completions; 2)Open the .bib file in BibDesk.
The problem lies right here, I followed the above but this not seems to fix it. I dont know if I am doing something wrong with Bibdesk, ( opening new bibliography, loading some article to it, and the saving it as BibTex format in same folder with the rest ).

> If your problem is that citations and the bibliography are not showing up after going through the processing I stated before, that has to do with a problem in your .tex file. We will have to see a sample file (or files) that shows your problem to figure out what is going on.

 Also bibliography is not there, here is what I am typing to:

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{geometry}
\geometry{a4paper}
\usepackage[parfill]{parskip}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{amssymb}
\usepackage{epstopdf}
\DeclareGraphicsRule{.tif}{png}{.png}{`convert #1 `dirname #1`/`basename #1 .tif`.png}

\title{Title of My Article}  %Also my title doesn't appear at my preview file.

\author{Konstantinos Vasilakos} % either the name.

\date{29/3/2012}          %same for date.

\begin{document}

I am writing here for Sample Reasons\cite{cite-key}

\nocite{cite-key} %Here I put the citation key.

\bibliographystyle{plain}

\bibliography{references}%this is the name of my .bib file without the extension.(in same folder with .tex)

\end{document}

%Best \K.