[OS X TeX] TeXShop 3.07

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun May 6 20:21:32 EDT 2012

On May 6, 2012, at 2:54 PM, Richard Koch wrote:

> Folks,
>
> TeXShop 3.07 is available at
>
> 	http://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop/texshop.html
>
> I restored the Sparkle upgrade mechanism:  copies of TeXShop 2 upgrade to the latest version, currently 2.43, and copies of TeXShop 3 upgrade to the latest version, currently 3.07.
>
> I was distracted by other projects In the interval between the last upgrade and this one. Many people asked for changes, and some sent me changes which I promised to include in the program. My apologies if your change isn't present; please resend those suggestions and changes. I'll do my best to make them now;
> the one hitch is that we will start to build MacTeX-2012 next week.
>
> Dick Koch

Howdy,

Thanks for the update. Unlike Gary, this time around I didn't lose the document icons! I have before. This time I didn't first open TeXShop to check it out and then open a document; after installing I went directly to my Docs folder and the documents still had the correct icon and double clicking a document to open TeXShop for the first time just worked and the icons stayed. Hmmm... maybe I should re-boot and make sure. Previous times I had to do what Gary did; rebuild the Launch Services DB.

Sigh... since I don't have a paid developer account I can't get a signature so I can no longer compile TeXShop. On the other hand I don't really have anything to add! At some point I wanted to see if I could make the variables that govern Command Completion part of the TSDocument class since they are now static variables which sometimes can lead to strange behavior when switching between documents directly after doing a Completion (i.e., the start point for the search gets stored so that pressing Esc again goes to the next match so switching documents starts there instead of at the end of the file [the search is backward]).

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)