[OS X TeX] Matching delimiters

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed May 9 10:27:07 EDT 2012

On May 8, 2012, at 4:35 PM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> I am on TS 3.07 but noticed that a double-click on delimiters doesn't always give the familiar response, which was to highlight delimiters and contents. If I have \ref{abc} and double-click on the right brace, TS highlights "{abc}", as I expect, but a double-click on the left brace highlights "\ref{abc".   I liked the old behavior  and hope we could get it back.
>
> Themis

Howdy,

If you use this feature you might consider setting TeXShop->Preferences->Source->Parens Matching Settings->Highlight Enclosed Characters as well as the {} setting in ...->Parens Targets & Highlight Color. Then when you cross a { or } with the insertion point (not clicking) the matching braces will be highlighted in the Highlight Color and the text in between will be selected with a yellow background.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)