[OS X TeX] a texdoc problem

Vic Norton vic at norton.name
Mon May 14 20:57:32 EDT 2012

On May 14, 2012, at 8:26 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On May 14, 2012, at 7:13 PM, Vic Norton wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your advice, Herb. I update regularly with TLU. I just updated now. Texdoc wasn't on the outdated list.
>>
>> That doesn't seem to be my problem. All my packages are up to date. But texdoc is a unix script. It is just supposed to open a PDF file. It doesn't work on my system. It can't find any file, and I don't know why not.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Vic
>

> Howdy,
>
> Since there is no problem at this end I'd try to force a re-install of on the texdoc package in TeX Live Utility.
>
> It appears that texdoc is actually a tex-lua script since texdoc in /usr/texbin is a symbolic link to texdoc.lua.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

No success, Herb. I just reinstalled (via TLU)
  universal-darwin files of texdoc
  x86_64-darwin files of texdoc

No Change:
~$ texdoc listings
/usr/texbin/texdoc:7: module 'texdoc.main' not found:
	no field package.preload['texdoc.main']
	[kpse lua searcher] file not found: 'texdoc.main'
	[kpse C searcher] file not found: 'texdoc.main'
	[kpse All-in-one searcher] file not found: 'texdoc'

Thanks for your interest.

Regards,

Vic