[OS X TeX] clickable url in Pdftex

Axel Kielhorn tex at axelkielhorn.de
Sun May 27 03:21:00 EDT 2012

Am 26.05.2012 um 22:01 schrieb Alain Schremmer:

> In the interest of leanness, I thought to replace some background in the Magnum Opus by references to Wikipedia.
>
> I wrote the Magnum Opus with hard copy in mind but it turns out a number of people read it on line which made me think of making the url clickable. So, I put
>
> \usepackage{hyperref}%[pdfborder={0 0 0}]
>
> in the preamble and documents that compiled very nicely until then, including stuff like:
>
>> (See \url{http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arithmetic})
>
> immediately failed with the message:
>
>> LaTeX Warning: You have requested, on input line 250, version
>>               `2009/07/21' of package kvoptions,
>>               but only version
>>               `2007/10/18 v3.0 Keyval support for LaTeX options (HO)'
>>               is available.

I have a fully updated texlive 2010, it contains:

%% Project: kvoptions
%% Version: 2010/12/23 v3.10

(It is in the Oberdiek bundle)

Please verify that `kvoptions` is read from the TL tree and not somewhere else.
You may have an old version somewhere which is found instead of the TL version.

There should be a line:
/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/oberdiek/kvoptions.sty
in the log file.

Texlive 2010 is still  available at:

http://tug.org/2010/tlnet-final

It should be possible to point Tex Live Utility there and get an update.
(If you never updated you TL installation expect a > 1GB download, just update oberdiek and see if that helps.)

Axel