[OS X TeX] clickable url in Pdftex

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Mon May 28 10:19:44 EDT 2012

On May 28, 2012, at 4:58 AM, Claus Gerhardt wrote:

> Alain,
>
> Use \href{http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arithmetic}{you name it} and
> omit the pdfborder option - at least I did.
>
> Claus

Long time no see !!!! Glad to hear from you. (Mixing my metaphors here).

I had indeed not thought of using href---even though, of course, I do
the equivalent in html. But here, I will stick with the url because
many people read the Magnum Opus in print.

As I posted earlier, things with hyperref now work fairly well but, of
course, I don't understand why: I am using titleref for, as I recall,
the chapter tocs but Arseneau himself says not to and to use nameref
(which is part of hyperref) instead.

By the way, hyperref killed makeidx until I found on the web that
showidx had to come after hyperref. Now things work almost well: I can
typeset a chapter from its "chapter root"---and it is perfect, but I
cannot typeset it from the "book root".  Working on it.

Not a big problem, though, because the people who read the MG online
seem to read it chapter by chapter while those who print it print the
whole book. So, I can always play it both ways.

Hope to see you one of these days.
--schremmer

P.S. In Philadelphia.