[OS X TeX] TeXShop 2.46

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue May 29 17:36:49 EDT 2012

On May 29, 2012, at 4:25 PM, Juan Luis Varona wrote:

>> The Launch Services Database sometimes gets messed up.
>> The simplest thing to do is get Onyx.
>
> Dear Herb,
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> However...
>
> Onyx has not solved the problem.
>
>> Alternatively, or if that doesn't do the
>> job, do Safe Boot (Hold the Shift Key ...
>>

> The same. This has not solved the problem.
>

>> PS: Did you update via Sparkle?
>
> Yes. I have used Sparkle. (I do not have prereleases in my
> "production machine" with OS X 10.6)
>
> Yours,
>
> Juan Luis

Howdy,

First, only the .tex file really has a special TeXShop provided icon. Have you tried to open TeXshop by clicking on its icon? Then close TeXShop and open it by double clicking on a .tex file? I assume TeXShop opens when you do that.

What happens when you open TeXShop directly and create a new .tex document? Does it have the correct icon?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)