[OS X TeX] source sans pro and source code pro?

Gary L. Gray glgray at me.com
Sat Nov 3 20:11:57 EDT 2012

I noticed today when updating with TeX Live Utility that there is now "built-in" support for Adobe's recently released open source fonts Source Sans Pro and Source Code Pro (see http://sourceforge.net/projects/sourcesans.adobe/ and http://sourceforge.net/projects/sourcecodepro.adobe/). Since I like both of these fonts very much, I thought I would give them a try in LaTeX.

When I try to typeset the .tex files that accompany those distributions, namely, sourcecodepro.tex and sourcesanspro.tex, neither typesets successfully. They both break with the following error (with slightly different line numbers):

./sourcesanspro.tex:64: Undefined control sequence.
<recently read> \sourcesansproextreme

l.64 		\sourcesansproextreme
                             Source Sans Pro ExtraLight & {\sourcesansprolig...

This is odd because both .sty files define the command \sourcesansproextreme. I have attached the log file for sourcesanspro.tex.

Am I doing something wrong, is this an issue with the distributions, or is it something else altogether.

Thank you.

Gary