[OS X TeX] command-click on the name of a console file

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at me.com
Thu Nov 15 05:35:12 EST 2012

On Nov 14, 2012, at 4:06 PM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> The Console window is like a Terminal window and you can see the input and output of the various things that go one when you compile a file.

...but with a difference: for each latex source, TS generates a new console (unlike terminal, which gives a continuous history of previous actions). Moreover, each new console window hides *behind* the previous one (at least when you've checked "show console only when error occurs". This has confused several times: I usually watch the scrolling of output in console window on the background as an indication of whether typesetting is over, but when the active console is hidden behind an inactive console window, it looks as if nothing is happening. Since some errors do not cause the console to come forward, this can lead to frustration when such errors occur. I would suggest then that TS  show the active console always as the top console window. Is there really a need for multiple console windows?

Themis