[OS X TeX] command-click on the name of a console file

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Nov 20 08:02:24 EST 2012

On Nov 20, 2012, at 4:18 AM, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE> wrote:

> Am 20.11.2012 um 03:44 schrieb Alain Schremmer:
>
>> I installed TeXLive-2012 on my wife's intel iMac running under 10.6.something. Same result: Sharpe's code still gives FILEPATH but nothing else.
>
> This must be a bug in TeXShop. Using TeXShop for your example, augmented my \listfiles, I also cannot see the output of \currfileabspath and \currfileabsdir. But what I see instead is a warning from currfile: no fls file found! OK, I did not use pdflatexmk. So my next try was with the
>
> 	% !TEX TS-program = pdflatexmk
>
> line. Same result. Quitting TeXShop. Launching it again, loading the test file from the list of previously used files, TeXing again. Still your result. Looking into the directory with the test file I see only the completely useless synctex.gz file…

Howdy,

What version of latexmk are you using with TeXShop? TeXShop uses its own version of latexmk rather than the version in TeX Live and you probably haven't updated TeXShop is a long time since you virtually never use it.

I also took the source code given and compiled it with pdflatexmk (which automatically creates the fls file for its own use) and got the line

FILEPATH: /Users/herbs/Desktop/test.tex

in the Console output on my iMac using a fully updated TL2012 (using TLU). Note: the line doesn't appear at the bottom of the Console output!!!

> Then I created a Record.engine file, with permissions to execute, in ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines and changed the
>
> 	% !TEX TS-program = pdflatexmk

> 	% !TEX TS-program = Record
>
> Neither my engine is listed nor the Record engine is used automatically. (For the record: I quit TeXShop, launched it again, and loaded the test file from the list of previously used files. So TeXShop, version 2.47, Mac OS X 10.6.8, Snow Leopard, should have found my new engine.)

Don't know what you're doing wrong here since I certainly don't have a problem with new engines showing up in TeXShop when I add them to ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines and restart TeXShop. Clearly, if the engine isn't showing up in the popup list in the Source and Preview toolbars TeXShop doesn't ``know'' about it.

> So my recommendation is: don't use TeXShop and currfile in combination!
>
> Anyway, please check your console output and search for the warning! In my case it looks like this:
>
> 	(/usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-dist/tex/latex/filehook/filehook.sty) (/usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-dist/tex/latex/currfile/currfile-abspath.sty)
>
> 	Package currfile-abspath Warning: The required recorder file (.fls) was not found.
> 	(currfile-abspath)                Please compile with the '-recorder' option.
> 	(currfile-abspath)                Note that MikTeX requires two compiler runs.
> 	(currfile-abspath)                Occurred on input line 278.
>
> 	) (./curr.aux)
>

> 	FILEPATH:
>

> --
> Greetings