[OS X TeX] command-click on the name of a console file

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Nov 20 10:39:03 EST 2012

On Nov 20, 2012, at 9:27 AM, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE> wrote:

> Am 20.11.2012 um 14:02 schrieb Herbert Schulz:
>
>> Umm... MikTeX?
>
> Very nice and efficient TeX distribution for MS Windows! During a TeX run it can determine that packages are missing and fetch and install them on the run. There also exists a MiKTeX derived TeX package manager for any other TeX distribution.

Howdy,

I know what MikTeX means but don't understand why it was even mentioned in the error message.

Schremmer may very well be using an ancient latexmk! :-) He can get an updated version with installation instructions as Latexmk435TeXShop.zip from <https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10932738/index.html>.

>> Note: the line doesn't appear at the bottom of the Console output!!!
>
> What does that mean? Are you surprised at TeX's final notes? The \typeout command comes before the document finishes. Then it's time to report the use of fonts. After this pdfTeX is reporting some details of the success, generating a PDF file. And finally TeX reports that it has finished writing to the log file. (And sometimes the \listfiles command adds to the final output.)

It simply means that he shouldn't be looking at the very end of the Console output to see the message that is printed to the Console. Nothing more.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)