[OS X TeX] Lucida Font and \setminus

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Fri Nov 23 21:23:34 EST 2012

On Nov 23, 2012, at 7:48 AM, <ugroh at me.com> <ugroh at me.com> wrote:

> I am using the new Lucida font as described in the lucidaot.tex file. But \setminus is not working and it seems, that it has to do with \usepackage{unicode-math}.
>
> Can somebody be so kind to explain why and how one can fix this?
>
> Thanks
> Ulrich

The file unicode-math-table.tex defines \setminus as math character "029F5 and \smallsetminus as math character "02216. There is however no uni29F5 in LucidaBrightMathOT though there is uni2216. So, as a work-around, you can say

\let\setminus\smallsetminus

(Must appear only after \begin{document}.)

Michael