[OS X TeX] times font

juan tolosa juantolo at me.com
Mon Oct 1 18:24:21 EDT 2012

Here is a simpler question, and I apologize in advance.
I am trying to use Times fonts, for things like the "@" sign.
In TeXtures, I was able to say

\font \timesfont= Times

and it worked (in Plan TeX).
Now, however, I get all kinds of error messages, such as "I can't find file Times,"
\timesfont = Times not loadable,"  etc.

What is the correct way to do it in Mac OS TeX?

Thanks,
                  Juan