[OS X TeX] eps to pdf conversion

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at me.com
Tue Oct 9 11:21:14 EDT 2012

On Oct 9, 2012, at 8:37 AM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> E.g., a rogue tex file could add files that could do damage to the OS.
>
> Check for a change you made to texmf.cnf on the system where it seems to work? What TeX distribution is on the system where it seems to work?

I remember now what happened. On the desktop I am still using my older preferences in TS, with --shell-escape, but in my laptop I trashed the preferences and TS installed its default (no shell escape).  Is there a difference between restoring the shell escape in the engine versus editing the texmf.cnf file?

Themis