[OS X TeX] Experimental TeXShop 3.12

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Oct 15 11:07:07 EDT 2012

On Oct 15, 2012, at 9:59 AM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> On Oct 15, 2012, at 9:42 AM, Themis Matsoukas <tmatsoukas at me.com> wrote:
>

>> On Oct 14, 2012, at 9:09 AM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>>> Try to simply move TeXShop.app to your Desktop (you will have to Copy it to the Desktop and then delete it from the /Applications/TeX folder---simply dragging will produce an alias [dumb choice by Apple in my opinion]). The simply drag it back into /Applications/TeX. I think this is what
>>>
>>> If that doesn't work I'd get Onyx (the version for your OS---see <http://www.titanium.free.fr/download.php?sid=12c1b7fc15c5825fdd2cddba5ac985a3>) and then rebuild the LaunchServices database under the Maintenance->Rebuild tab. I then rebooted my system just for luck and to see that the change would stick between re-boots.
>>
>> And just so that I understand: these steps will restore generic file images to the new images in TS? Or improve the resolution of the new TS file icons? Here is what I am seeing immediately after installation of TS 3.12,  without editing the plist file or running onyx.
>>
>> <Screen Shot 2012-10-15 at 10.37.45 AM.png>
>>
>> Themis
>
> Howdy,
>
> Those are the new document icons. That procedure does NOT restore the old icons but fixes the problem where you get generic document icons rather than TeXShop's (new) document icon.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Howdy,
I just discovered that editing the info.plist file gets detected by the OS and you can not create a New document (although New From Stationary… works?). I get a dialog box saying ``No document could be created'' when executing File->New after editing. There is also a Console message: ``TeXShop[2109]: The org.tug.tex type doesn't map to any NSDocumentClass''.

I think I'm going back to 3.11 for now.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)