[OS X TeX] turn off minimize root file in TeXShop?

Gary L. Gray glgray at me.com
Wed Sep 5 17:01:15 EDT 2012

Hi,

I thought there was a preference in TeXShop that determines whether or not the root file is opened and minimized when a file called by the root file is opened. For example, when I open test.tex and it has the following at the top:

%!TEX root = ../Main.tex

TeXShop also opens Main.tex and minimizes it. My preference would be for TeXShop not to open that file at all, but I would settle for it not to minimize it. Am I remembering incorrectly that this is a preference that can be set?

Thank you.

Gary