[OS X TeX] Search and replace in many files

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 22:13:12 EDT 2012

On Sep 5, 2012, at 7:53 PM, Michael Sharpe wrote:

> You might find my replaceall applescripts useful for multifile
> search and replace, from
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3825336/TeX/index.html

I downloaded it but took only a quick glance at replaceall.pdf because
I have to get up at 6:00 tomorrow. However, I saw that "this macro
cannot handle any form of linefeed in the replacement tex". So, if I
understand this correctly, this means that I am back to doing it by
hand since, in order to keep the formatting, I need, for instance, to
search for:

}% end Quiz? false
% SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS - End CHECKABLE ITEM

and replace it with

}% end Quiz? false
}% end Workout? false
% SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS - End CHECKABLE ITEM

Best regards
--schremmer