[OS X TeX] Memoir class book template

Richard J Benish rjbenish at comcast.net
Sun Sep 9 11:56:24 EDT 2012

Hello,

I've been writing a "paper" (using LaTex) that has grown so long that
it really should be a book. I've seen positive comments on this list
about using Memoir class for this purpose. So I've been looking for a
template to get started.

I haven't found anything except a lot of discussion about details and
lots of references and/or links to the Memoir Manual by Peter Wilson
and Lars Madsen. Also I've downloaded the LaTex file for this
587-page book. But it does not compile properly on my system.

My question is: Where can I find a complete "book" written in Memoir
class that serves as template (i.e., with dummy type, dummy figures,
etc.) that has all the features of a real book, so I can start
writing without having to read any fat and tedious manuals or try to
figure out how to build a book layout from scratch?

Thanks for any help.

Richard Benish