[OS X TeX] how to place user-specific texmf.cnf on Mac OS X

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Sep 18 13:53:30 EDT 2012

Am 18.09.2012 um 14:52 schrieb Junqi Hu:

> I don't agree with that since user can add the fonts directory to OSFONTDIR.

I'll try it with other words, hopefully:

OS a allows to install fonts in path A, OS b allows to install fonts in path B, and OS c does not allow that at all. So it's not the user's choice to install fonts in his or her private area but the system decision to support (sort of) things in path A or in path B. The users have no influence on the path, they have only the choice to leave it or to obey it. And "it" is the system's choice. So I cannot see why, in case of Mac OS X, $HOME/Library/Fonts or ~/Library/Fonts is an user's choice and needs TeX support.

--
Greetings

  Pete

The next generation of interesting software will be done on the Macintosh, not the IBM PC.
				– Bill Gates, Nov 1984)