[OS X TeX] MacOSX-TeX mailing list probe message

Gary L. Gray gray at psu.edu
Thu Apr 18 16:46:41 EDT 2013

On Apr 18, 2013, at 4:21 PM, Alan T Litchfield <alan at alphabyte.co.nz> wrote:

> And yet. it is running relatively fine, I presume.
>
> My second oldest Mac-in-use is a G5 Dual that is presently about 10 years old. The eMac is slightly older but runs Classic applications :)

It machine itself is running fine. The problem is that the latest version of OS X that it can run is 10.4.11 (we are running the server version). 10.4.11 was released in November 2007, which means that any bugs (we are seeing a lot of DNS issues lately, which completely take the machine of the Internet) are long forgotten by Apple and will never be fixed. Not to mention security updates.

Alas, the hardware outlasted the software. :-)

Gary