[OS X TeX] MacOSX-TeX mailing list probe message

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 01:18:34 EDT 2013

On Apr 19, 2013, at 12:54 AM, Gary L. Gray wrote:

> On Apr 18, 2013, at 5:08 PM, Alain Schremmer <schremmer.alain at gmail.com
> > wrote:

>>> Actually, I just found out that it is more than 12 years old!
>>
>> You mean it is a Dual 1 GHz PowerPC G4 Silver door?
>
> Not quite. It's a Power Mac G4 (Digital Audio) with dual 533MHz PPC
> G4 and 768 MB RAM. It’s the last model with the "Graphite" tinted
> case. It has two 80GB HDDs running in a RAID 1 configuration.
>
> Pretty impressive, eh? :-)

Pretty impressive.

According to <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Timeline_of_Macintosh_models>, the silver door came immediately after
the graphite with the boundary somewhere around 2001.

What's going to happen to it? (To tell the truth, I am looking for a
"new" RAID machine for our music library as our old IBM Linux conked
out ... without warning.)

(Hopeful) regards
--schremmer