[OS X TeX] Spurious bold in lualatex

Martin Berggren martin.berggren at cs.umu.se
Mon Aug 12 16:05:29 EDT 2013

Allright, some more experiments done.

On another computer, I noted that the file given below works fine with "standard" MacTeX-2013. However, when updating using tlmgr update --all, the script hangs while trying to rebuild the latex font database. Googling the issue reveals that others have experienced the same thing. I killed the process, and updated instead by running Herbert's suggestion:

On Aug 12, 2013, at 21:35 , Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> That should be all lowercase:
>
> luaotfload-tool -u -f -vvv

in the terminal. That update terminated without problem. However, then I am back to the erroneous bold body text using the file given below!

>> On Aug 12, 2013, at 5:06 AM, Martin Berggren <martin.berggren at cs.umu.se> wrote:
>>
>>> Issue in lualatex after updating to MacTeX-2013, or perhaps after latest tlmgr update, not sure. I seem to sometimes erroneously get bold body text. Example:
>>>
>>> \documentclass{article}
>>> % !TEX TS-program = lualatex
>>>
>>> \usepackage[no-math]{fontspec}
>>> \setmainfont{Adobe Caslon Pro}
>>> \title{Title}
>>> \author{Me}
>>>
>>> \usepackage{lipsum}
>>>
>>> \begin{document}
>>>
>>> \maketitle
>>>
>>> \lipsum[1]
>>> \section{Section}
>>>
>>> \lipsum[1]
>>>
>>> \end{document}
>>>

>>> The body lipsum text's in bold. The only text not in bold is author's name and date. This does not happen when running xelatex or when switching back to MacTex-2012.
>>>
>>> Cheers,

Martin Berggren
Department of Computing Science, Umeå Universitet
Campustorget 5, S-901 87 Umeå, Sweden. Ph: +46-70-732 8111
http://www.cs.umu.se/~martinb, Martin.Berggren at cs.umu.se