[OS X TeX] Coloring the argument of macros in TeXShop.

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Aug 28 12:46:07 EDT 2013

On Aug 28, 2013, at 11:06 AM, André Bellaïche <abellaic at math.jussieu.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using TeXShop. When you insert an index command in a LaTeX file, like \index{test}, the command (\index) is colored (in blue), and the braces are colored in green.
>
> Is there a way to have also the argument of the command colored?
>
> André Bellaïche
> Université Paris 7

Howdy,

As far as I know only commands (i.e., things that start with \), comments (% to end of line) and delimiters ($, {, }, [, ], (, )) can be syntax colored. However it is possible to have all \index commands (including the braces and argments) colored yellow so that they receed into the background a bit. Open a Source window and cusotmize the toolbar by either Ctl/Right Clicking on a blank portion of the Toolbar and choosing Customize Toolbar… or the ssame command in the Windows menu. Then move the ColorIndex checkbox to the toolbar and save it. From then on if you check that box all of the full \index{item} commands will be colored yellow.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)