[OS X TeX] TeX on iPad

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Dec 7 08:49:51 EST 2013

On Dec 7, 2013, at 6:30 AM, Claus Gerhardt <claus.gerhardt at uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:

> It is fairly easy running TeX and its variants  remotely on your computer from your iPad when you have an internet connection and a drop box account. I find it baffling that people want a TeX installation on their iPads.
>
> Claus

Howdy,

That's a big `IF' there. I have been with electricity (for recharging my laptop) but without WiFi for reasonable lengths of time. It was awfully nice having full TeX Live on my laptop so I could still run pdflatex on my documents.

As a matter of fact that was the principle reason I went to a MacBook Air rather than an iPad! I now use an iPad Air but NOT for ``real work''; it's a wonderful system for using the WEB and email (well, I still dislike the glass keyboard) and other net based stuff when I have a good connection and I do lots of reading of newspapers, magazines and books at all times.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)