[OS X TeX] TeX on iPad

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Mon Dec 9 10:29:51 EST 2013

On Dec 7, 2013, at 7:30 AM, Claus Gerhardt wrote:

> It is fairly easy running TeX and its variants  remotely on your computer from your iPad when you have an internet connection and a drop box account.

Which requires leaving the system on, which, as small as the TeX community is, is a dreadful waste of electrical power.

> I find it baffling that people want a TeX installation on their iPads.

And as a person who wrote out his TUG2003 presentation on a Fujitsu Point PT-510, I find it baffling that people will put up w/ sand-boxed systems which they don't have full control over.

That said, I'm glad that iPads did finally get a native (La)TeX --- it took some convincing to get the developers to consider it, and I don't mind minor off-topic messages, or the occasional iPad mention, or even mentionings of interesting Android tabletc &c.

I would be interested to see useful / innovative iPad interface concepts come to TeXshop and posted about that a while back (I think the app w/ the interesting feature was Codea).

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer