[OS X TeX] hidden files

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Jan 14 17:22:42 EST 2013

On Jan 14, 2013, at 2:41 PM, Thomas Käufl <kaeufl at online.de> wrote:

> Am 14.1.2013 um 16:35 schrieb Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com>:

>> What version of the OS are you using? If you are using Lion or Mountain Lion the Library folder in your HOME folder (known as ~/Library) is hidden by default. To open it hold down the Option key while you click on the Go Menu in Finder and the Library item will show.
>
> Hi,
>
> using the terminal it is easy to make the Library folder
> visible in the Finder
>
> Fire up the terminal and enter
>
> chflags nohidden Library
>
> followed by the return key. After that, the contents of
> Library can be accessed like any other folder in the
> Finder.
>
> Thomas Käufl

Howdy,

That works until the next OS update (1.8.x --> 1.8.(x+1)) when you have to do that again. (But it is what I do. :-))

Once you have the Library open you can also drag the Proxy Icon for that folder (the little folder icon next to the title) to the Sidebar and it should appear in the Sidebar of any open window. You need only click on that Sidebar icon and the Library folder will open.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)