[OS X TeX] Preview showing a pdf generated with pfgplots

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Tue Jan 15 22:56:38 EST 2013

On Jan 15, 2013, at 19:06 , Juan Luis Varona wrote:

> Dear texfriends,
>
> (sorry for my bad English)
>
> If you open page 331 in the manual of pgfplots 1.7, Apple Preview hangs.
> However, Adober Reader shows the page.

I can confirm that this occurs (on both 10.6.8 and 10.8.2).  I get the same behavior with Apple's Preview and with Skim (version 1.4.1).  In fact, neither really hangs.  Instead, each starts using 100% of one core thread, the disc of death starts spinning, and after a short while, each crashes.  This probably indicates a problem with Apple's PDF-KIT.

I'll log a bug report with Apple (against Preview).

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large
Institute for the Enhancement of the Director's Income