[OS X TeX] Two missing characters

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Jan 28 16:36:34 EST 2013

On Jan 28, 2013, at 1:48 PM, Don Green Dragon <fergdc at Shaw.ca> wrote:

> I'm not sure about the following, but I'll record it anyway. The way TeXShop is set up, I cannot get the character "straight double quote" to appear even in the source code. While working in the source, when the key for the character " is depressed, then
>
> ``''
> appears where " is actually the string

Howdy,

You have Key Bindings active so " is translated into ``|'' where | is the insertion point. You can turn Key Bindings off by unchecking the box in TeXShop->Preferences->Source->Editor->Key Bindings. You can turn Key Bindings off for a particular document and others opened afterward by clicking on Source->Key Bindings->Toggle On/Off. Finally, you can remove that particular Key Binding by using the Key Bindings Editor; click on Source->Key Bindings->Edit Key Bindings File….

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)