[OS X TeX] LaTeX editors with truly great file organisational abilities

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Thu Jul 18 09:50:37 EDT 2013

On Jul 18, 2013, at 2:58, Scot Mcphee <scot.mcphee at gmail.com> wrote:

> I currently use a program called Scrivener. however it can't work directly with LaTeX so my drafts are in a a simplified mark up language called multimarkdown (MMD). MMD then converts to LaTex and I work from there. But that's a problem, especially for citation managers and other tools, which have spotty or no support for either Scrivener directly or for MMD (and the ones that do, suck hard in regards to other features, like clean exporting to my bib database).

Some years ago, there were guys using BibDesk heavily with MMD, and I even talked with the Scrivener author about integration. I do not recall how that ended, but maybe it's worth revisiting.

FWIW, I use TextMate for LaTeX, and it presents a table or outline view of your document folder. It also has tabs, but they're too tiny if you have a dozen files open in the window.

Adam