[OS X TeX] Dealing with Word

Scot Mcphee scot.mcphee at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 21:38:59 EDT 2013

On 28/Jul/2013, at 03:18 , Martin Wilhelm Leidig <listwatch at moss.in-berlin.de> wrote:

> Am 2013-07-18 um 12:01 schrieb Scot Mcphee:
>> But sometimes I just have to output to Word. You physical and computing sciences people don't have to deal with journals that understand nothing else.
>>
>> It's a huge bugbear for me. Is the only way to do it still to go through .ODT format? Other tools?
>
> You might have a look at Chikrii’s TeX2Word: <http://www.chikrii.com/products/tex2word/tex-to-word/>.  It needs Windows and some M$ Word, but I'm using its counterpart Word2TeX for years now with good results, so …

Well, thanks for the suggestion, but it became nearly impossible at "needs Windows". Although I might have a squizz to see if I ever deleted that Windows image under VMWare that I had. Does the Windows need to have TeX installed, or just the tool?

Does it support Biber?  I note like most packages designed to do conversion, most of the feature show-off on the web page is "look it does equations!". I don't have equations. I have citations. Endless citations.

Scot