[OS X TeX] TeXShop 3.18

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Wed Jun 5 19:51:50 EDT 2013

Folks,

Kevin Fjelsted wrote with a crash report for TeXShop 3.18. I asked a series
of random questions, with little idea of the cause of the problem. One of these
questions was about accessibility. I asked that because the crash report had
a lot of commands I had never seen before.  Kevin told me that he has
voice-over turned on. When I tried that, I got a crash when typesetting.

I'll try to fix this. It is possible that it is due to the upgrade TeXShop 3.17 --> 3.18,
but more likely that it is due to the recent Mountain Lion upgrade (although in
that case it is probably ultimately my fault).

The take home message for other users is that when you have a crash and
others don't, it is useful to ask "am I doing something that others might not
do?"

Dick Koch