[OS X TeX] TeXShop 3.18 no longer has icons for .tex files

roberto avanzi roberto.avanzi at online.de
Wed Jun 12 08:56:41 EDT 2013

On Jun 12, 2013, at 14:51 , Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Do you use TeXShop to edit the file?

Yes, but I often use BBedit for other stuff.

> What happens if you open the file in TeXShop, copy the contents of the file to a new document and save that document?

Well, it is almost embarrassing to say this.

I reopened teXShop again and it opened the last document with the TeXShop document icon in the window title bar.

Then I went to the Finder, closed the current window, opened a new one and navigated to the folder with that file, and it shows the new icon.

However, I still see this

kMDItemContentType             = "com.barebones.bbedit.tex-source"
kMDItemContentTypeTree         = (
    "com.barebones.bbedit.tex-source",
    "public.source-code",
    "public.plain-text",
    "public.text",
    "public.data",
    "public.item",
    "public.content"
)

and

kMDItemFSCreatorCode           = "TeXs"

if I invoke mdls on that file.

This happened to me already before 3.14. Then for a while I had the right icons. Then they disappeared.  Now they are back - I am not joking O.o

 Roberto