[OS X TeX] TeXShop 3.18 no longer has icons for .tex files

Gary L. Gray gray at psu.edu
Wed Jun 12 09:18:53 EDT 2013

On Jun 12, 2013, at 9:09 AM, "Gary L. Gray" <gray at psu.edu> wrote:

> By the way, after updating to 10.8.4, rebuilding the launch services database, and restarting, my icons did reappear and continue to display correctly.

So, I just did a little more investigating. Some .tex files on my machine give:

kMDItemContentType             = "org.tug.tex"
kMDItemFSCreatorCode           = ""
kMDItemFSTypeCode              = ""
kMDItemKind                    = "TeX Document"

some give:

kMDItemContentType             = "edu.uo.texshop.tex"
kMDItemFSCreatorCode           = "TeXs"
kMDItemFSTypeCode              = "TEXT"
kMDItemKind                    = "TeX File"

and some give:

kMDItemContentType             = "com.barebones.bbedit.tex-source"
kMDItemFSCreatorCode           = "TeXs"
kMDItemFSTypeCode              = "TEXT"
kMDItemKind                    = "Plain text document"

These were the only three files I checked. There could be many more combinations. Yet, they all show the document icon associated with TeXSHop.

Is this the correct behavior?

Gary