[OS X TeX] OT?: Codea Lua programming environment for iPad

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Jun 12 10:42:11 EDT 2013

On Jun 12, 2013, at 9:34 AM, William Adams <will.adams at frycomm.com> wrote:

> On Jun 12, 2013, at 10:27 AM, Kevin Fjelsted wrote:
>
>> There is no evidence that this IDE would support accessibility so all the accessibility that exists in TexShop would disappear if it were rewritten in this environment.
>
> I would like to think that we could add _optional_ interface options in such a way that the additional feature would not interfere w/ the existing systemic structure and features integrated thereto.
>
> I would hate that we would choose to limit the system to a lowest-common-denominator based on interaction which is feasible through a Braille reader --- should the clipping of .pdfs go away, since it can't be accessed using the accessibility mode?
>
> William

Howdy,

Lua is really tiny; it's designed to be embedded. There are libraries that have to be embedded too but nothing like the huge amount of data (>4GB for TeX Live 2012) that would have to some how be embedded in an iPad version of TeXShop. There is an iPad LaTeX editor with a built-in ``distribution'' but it's very limited. Other's require compilation on external systems via Dropbox or web based compiler.

PS: I assume you're talking about and iPad version of TeXShop but am not entirely clear about that.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)