[OS X TeX] TeX Live 2013 - font problem (Bickham Pro)

Richard Seguin riseguin at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 23 23:29:13 EDT 2013

After installing TeX Live 2013 I attempted to typeset a document. It seemed to find my Minion Pro fonts, but not my Bickham Pro fonts.

In the terminal I get the message

./BetaT2.tex:54: LaTeX Error: Font family `U+bickhamscr' unknown.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.54  <-> \mathalfa at scrscaled  bickham-s}{}

I'm trying to reference the semibold weight of Bickham Pro. Within the .tex file front matter, I've defined

% Enable Bickham Pro semibold as math font ---------------------------
\makeatother
\DeclareFontShape{U}{bickhamscr}{b}{n}{
 <-> \mathalfa at scrscaled  bickham-s}{}
\SetMathAlphabet{\mathscr}{bold}{U}{bickhamscr}{b}{n}
\DeclareMathAlphabet{\mathbscr} {U}{bickhamscr}{b}{n}
\makeatletter

Even more unusual, when I switch back to TeX Live 2012, I'm getting the same error! This worked yesterday. Now I can't even revert to 2012 as a fall back.

I have a updmap.cfg file in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/web2c with the contents:

Map bickham.map
Map MinionPro.map

and I've run

sudo -H mktexlsr
sudo -H updmap-sys

I'm stumped. Does anyone have any ideas?

Richard Séguin