[OS X TeX] metapost

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Fri Mar 22 14:15:11 EDT 2013

On Mar 22, 2013, at 1:25 PM, NMPOST7 wrote:

> example 1:
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a2/Sri_Yantra_256bw.gif
>
> example 2:
> http://www.artchemy.org/wp-content/uploads/SRI-YANTRA-W.jpg

While could certainly draw those up by hand using a tool like Intaglio.app or Inkscape, I'd be inclined to agree w/ your initial intent to use METAPOST or something like to it.

Asymptote is a nice front-end and you may find it more amenable.

I've been trying to hoe this row for a while (wanting an alternative to using Macromedia FreeHand) and one interesting tool I've found is IPE:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ipe7/

which is something of a graphical front-end to METAPOST.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer