[OS X TeX] Re: metapost

Nicola nvitacolonna at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 16:01:16 EDT 2013

In article <713EAA96-E94D-4BD2-9DC8-CD0C99A45C3C at gmail.com>,
 Alain Schremmer
 <schremmer.alain at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 22, 2013, at 12:44 PM, NMPOST7 wrote:
>
> > Well, Malayalam being another language, the font does matter and Mac
> > messes up
> > the ligatures.
>
> How about XeTeX? But I have no idea what to do for text in the graphics.

As far as I know you cannot (yet) use XeTeX with MetaPost (mpost)
directly. What you can do, however, is create a ConTeXt document
embedding MetaPost code and using XeTeX as a typesetting engine (texexec
--xtx source.tex). ConTeXt is much more integrated with MetaPost than
LaTeX. Here is a minimal example:

http://tug.org/pipermail/metapost/2010-June/001975.html

Nicola