[OS X TeX] metapost

Franck Pastor franck.pastor at skynet.be
Fri Mar 22 16:06:16 EDT 2013

Le 22 mars 2013 à 20:38, NMPOST7 <nmpost7 at gmail.com> a écrit :

> On 22/03/2013 17:48, Ettore Aldrovandi wrote:
>>> From the command line,
>>     texdoc mpintro
>> will give you a relative short introduction document, and
>>     texdoc mpman
>> the full manual.
>
> Thank you, I have that manual. However, for a self taught person as I, it does
> not educate me on the basics. Once I can get hold of the raw basics, I can
> progress with the advanced items.

When I learnt MetaPost, I used the tutorial of André Heck and I found it very well-made:

http://staff.science.uva.nl/~heck/Courses/mptut.pdf

As he said, "learning is done from practice." Hence his tutorial contains dozens of examples and exercises. The corrections of these exercices is to be found here:

http://staff.science.uva.nl/~heck/Courses/mptutans.pdf

Nicola Vitacolonna has created a very handy interface to MetaPost for TeXShop and also for some other editors. If you use TeXShop, check its README file to learn how to use it, in here:

$HOME/Library/TeXShop/engines/inactive/MetaPost

Hope that helps,

Franck Pastor